Friday, August 14, 2009

Blue Skies





Here we are cooking fish for the Oklahoma Sheriffs at a park. Chris, Chad (my boss), Dean, Todd {a.k.a. Ladies Man and the guy that heroically removed the snake skin from the bathroom} and me.








Cookin'!!! I helped cut up the raw catfish. Yuck! I don't really even like catfish, but I pretend I do for these events. Just stay busy cooking and cleaning so I don't really have time to eat.








Buffet! Also pictured here in the background is a poster I made. It is a county map of OK with our client counties hi-lited in yellow. I missed several counties because I got some incorrect information. We bought come Crayola markers and fixed it.







On Thursday I went down to our booth, but it
was slow because the sheriffs were in class.
Here is a picture of our booth.
One of the nicest there.











Since it was slow I decided to go with the sheriffs' wives on a short field trip to The Oklahoma History Center. What a wonderful tribute to the history and people of Oklahoma! Here is a picture in the foyer. A view of the state capitol.



This was one of, if not the, most valuable exhibits in the museum. And my favorite. What can I say? I am my father's daughter. It is a decree/certificate of sorts from President Thomas Jefferson to some Indian tribe. {and yes, they call them Indians in Oklahoma, not Native Americans} The two silk ribbon & wax seals at the bottom are the seals of Meriwether Lewis and William Clark. This document was signed by all three infamous men. Jefferson, Lewis & Clark. Very cool. Can't wait to show my dad.

Ok, this exhibit made me feel old. Displayed in a glass case along with all of the artifacts was this Nokia Phone and Doc Marten boots. I hope all of you Gen Y-ers out there can appreciate this. I thought I was sooooo cool with my new Docs and my cell phone that was just like everyone else's.


And this was my view at approximately 7pm last night. Hanging at the hotel pool with a book.

2 comments:

Mrs. Hughes said...

Oh my gosh!! I laughed out loud at the phone and doc martens!!!!!!! I cannot believe that!!!!!!!!!! Are we THAT old??????

Autumn said...

No Laura. We are NOT old! hahaha

Oklahomans are just ahead of their game. :-)