Thursday, August 13, 2009

Terrifying bathroom break

Ok, so Day two of my Oklahoma business trip: I get all dressed up Wednesday morning and go to the booth at the exhibit hall. Then, my boss calls and says we've gotta go cook. My company hosted/sponsored a fish fry at a park. In other words... outdoors. No kitchen. No sink.

There was however indoor bathrooms. I was thrilled because I had to pee as soon as we arrived. So, I slowly creeped into the bathroom of this pavilion. It smelled ok and the actual toilets were clean. But, I've watched enough Discovery channel to raise the seat with my foot and make sure there are no spiders under the rim. Whew. I'm good. So, I commence to take care of business and sit to pee.

I didn't close the stall door because it was already fairly dark in the bathroom and no other girls were within about a mile radius. As I'm sitting I look over to the sink and low and behold I see something that appears to be a thick hose of sorts. As my eyes adjust to the dark room and focus in and realize it is not a hose. At all. But rather a 4 foot long snake skin. SNAKE SKIN!!! It was sticking out of the wall where the sink plumbing went into the wall. {My skin is ccrrraaaawwllllinggg as I type}

So, I am Freaked OUT beyond any regular heart rate. But, what do I do? I can't jump up and run out. I'm peeing. I can't just stop right? So, I finish my business all the while feeling hallucinating creepy crawlies all over me and breathing lightly. I hurry and run out without washing my hands. Which I felt guilty about since I was going to be cooking, but the sink had two spiders in it. *shrug* The least of my worries at this point. When I walked out I told my boss and new co-worker I'd just met and they didn't Even CARE! ugh! men.

Clearly, this snake used the tight space where the plumbing and wall didn't quite meet to help slither out of it's skin. Clever, yes. But why oh why me???? The skin was fresh too. Which means the snake was out there somewhere!!





















A while later I got a flirtatious vendor, whom I call "Lady's Man", to go in and get the skin out. He was pretty afraid too. So, I was glad I wasn't freaking out for no reason. This is just a small segment of the snake. I reeeeeally wanted to take a picture of the skin while in it's original place, but I literally could not bring myself to go back in there the rest of the night. So, I got there about 3pm and left and 9pm. That's a long time without a potty break. I was absolutely shaken. Still pretty shook up just writing this. Eek!!!

But, I survived.

2 comments:

The Timmons Gang said...

EEK!!!! I love your stories!

Autumn said...

Hahaha! I'm glad someone can get some enjoyment from them. At least they're entertaining!