Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ooooooooklahoma





Well, I made it to Oklahoma City last night. All by myself. :-) This is a picture of the Welcome to Oklahoma sign. It was a nice drive. From Jonesboro I went south through Conway, then back up through the Ozarks. Very pretty state I live in.

I got to my hotel and checked in and it was terrible. I tried to "rough it", but I thought it was ridiculous to have to suffer the way I did in Hot Springs. And let me tell you this one was much worse. It was a non-smoking room, but still smelled like smoke. And quite frankly I didn't feel safe. There was an exterior door and an interior corridor door. I could literally see daylight through the exterior door. So, I went driving around looking for a new hotel and found a Hampton Inn for us. Much better. I felt bad to leave because the young man at the front desk had been very polite and kind. Oh well!

So, I've just eaten the continental breakfast here at the Hampton and I'm ready for the day.


1 comment:

Mrs. Hughes said...

Sounds like you made a good decision to leave! I can't tolerate hotel rooms that smell like smoke. My eyes end up bloodshot and somehow that is not a good look for me. :)