Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Weekend






The weather was beautiful this weekend! I slept in Saturday and caught up on things around the house. Then I went to my grandmother's house. My little cousins Chance & Cody were there with their little friend Zach. They were into everything and my dad was hanging out with them.
This is a trellis with grapevines in my grandmother's back yard. We set here for a while.

My grandmother's house is about 100 years old. My dad's parents bought it in the 60's and did some modernization. It's where he grew up. This is the living room. Not to be confused with the "den". This is where we all gather on Christmas Eve to open presents & sing. I took a picture because she had someone come out and do some decorating. It looked really nice.


This is a VERY funny, but cute picture I found in one of her albums. She's trying to get organized so they were laying out on the sofa. This is at Christmas when I was probably in the 2nd grade. My mom made us matching Christmas sweat shirts. You can't really tell, but those are holly leaves & packages painted on there with fabric paint. OH yeah! I thought it was sooooo cool. Jen, you know you probably helped make this.

And speaking of family, I was looking through some of those albums and found one called Cole Family History. Cole is my great-great grandmother's maiden name. I never knew her. There's still a plot of land in our family called Cole Hill. Anywho, I was looking through it and it's really cool because it traced the name/family back to the 1400s in England. There was even a family crest. I'll have to look through it better some other time.

After grandma's I went to Andy's house. His dad made ribs. This is for Richard & Laura.


1 comment:

Hannah Leigh Beckwith said...

Haha, first of all... Chance and Cody aren't so little anymore! They're almost as tall as me!

And secondly... There's a family crest? I didn't know that. I'm gonna have to look at more of those albums when I get a chance.