Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Aunt Jackie's

On Monday night this week I went with my parents to visit my Aunt Jackie and Uncle Tommy. Tommy had worked on an antique ice chest my mom bought in
Nashville a few weeks ago. Mom and Dad went for their anniversary. As long as I can remember, my mom
has wanted one of these ice boxes -- just like her grandmother had. And she finally got it!


I got to visit with Jackie & Tommy out on their deck for a while before my mom and dad showed up. It was a gorgeous day. We've been fortunate to have some unseasonably pleasant weather this August. Then we walked down to Tommy's shop to see the ice box. He's got a really nice set-up.

I took this picture of my mom and (obviously her sister) Jackie. They sound almost just alike now that they're older. My grandmother, their mother died in May this year.











This is just a flower I thought was pretty. :-)

No comments: