Sunday, August 9, 2009

New Office at Tiger



So, I changed jobs at the beginning of June and I've finally gotten my new office fixed the way it should be. It is a very nice office. The company I work for is located on the outskirts of town in two plain jane -on the outside- warehouses, but the building I am in is a new addition for the company and the front part of the building
was remodeled for offices just before I came there. The girl that had the office before me picked out the paint color.
I don't know that you can tell in these pictures, but it's a dark blue/gray. Very cool. I never would have picked it myself, but I love it.

The first picture here is my favorite part of the room. My mom came and helped me put it all together, so she gets full credit for this credenza area. I had the starburst
mirror in my office at the clinic. I knew wher
e I wanted everything in this office, but I always need my mother's help with these things. The vase there looks like a tiger and the name of the co
mpany I work for is Tiger Correctional Services. A mere coincidence? --I think not. It too was left in my offi
ce and it's solid glass so I didn't do anything with it because I was afraid it would break, but my mom is not afraid. She fixed it right up!

This cool shelf pictured on the right is awesome. It's from IKEA and it's perfect for this office. i can put stuff on the shelves and see it all. At my old job I was really bad about putting things away to work on later and then completely forgetting about them because well, "outta sight, outta mind". The two red vases on top were left as well.

Here's the story behind my office fu
rniture. The girl that worked
there before me ordered all new office furniture from IKEA. Which so
unds like a splendid idea. However, IKEA furniture is not durable enough for everyday office use and the desk she chose was much too small, short and had no drawers. It just wouldn't do. So, after getting my feel for the place I ordered my desk from Office Max.

I think it looks great!

The last corner of the office is by the huge window. :) This is a work table and where my assistant, a.k.a. a college student that works a few hours a week and helps me out if needed
or anyone else that needs help, sits. The stuffed tiger on the table is one of our give-a-ways. Cute.




And finally the inside of my very organized drawer. It's so nice to be organized. Starting a job has been a very good experience so far. I'm glad I did it. It's been stressful for sure, but I'm really enjoying it. Starting fresh is a good thing.





2 comments:

Mrs. Hughes said...

Very nice, Autumn!!!!!!!! I bet you love going to work!! :)

Autumn said...

I do! It's verrry nice. :)