Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday morning walk

I just got back from a Saturday morning walk and, after spilling my first breakfast, I'm now eating the second on my patio with my unsoiled peanut butter & crackers & Diet Coke. Healthy I know. But, it's what I wanted and I'm a grown-up. So there.

My sister woke me up too early this morning with her banging around & TV turned on. She has real estate class today. So I went ahead and got up and decided to go for a walk around my neighborhood since it was early & cool. I live in an older neighborhood. Est. in the 1950's. It' so cute! There are sidewalks even. :) It was not an uber calorie burning walk, but I did sweat. I just wanted to take a relaxing walk in the neighborhood to see the houses up close. It's completely different than driving by in the car. Even with the windows rolled down.

Let's see... I found 3 quarters in someone's driveway/on the sidewalk so I took it. I mean, they wouldn't have noticed it there. Quarters are silver and the concrete driveway was gray, so really... Now I'm 75 cents richer. I consider it my reward for getting up and doing something productive instead of just watching trash on TV.

I also saw a racoon! I have a feeling it was going back into the bushes after a night of scavenging. So I try to figure out what people are like by looking at their house. Probably most of these folks are old. I spotted a few wheelchair ramps. Oh, and I saw some storm shelters. My grandparents had one. There were the tacky yard ornaments as well. Oh and the most telling of features: the add-on. This is when old men decide to take in the carport to make a "den". Or they take in the patio to make a sun room. The exterior never matches the original exterior of the house. But oddly enough it's usually where a family likes to spend most of their leisure time - in the New Room. Ha ha Enough of my over analyzation of my neighbors.

The air is till today. No wind as I'm looking out on my own backyard. I've been jamming to my iPod since I walked out of the house to walk. Playing a variety ranging from Celine Dion to Elvis to Counting Crows to Michael Buble.

I love this country!

I'm going to see "Wicked" this afternoon at The Orpheum in Memphis. So excited!

Signing off,
Autumn

No comments: