Friday, July 17, 2009

Last minute Salad Experiment

"Necessity is indeed the mother of invention"~quoted by Jo March at the beginning of the movie "Little Women". I have seen that movie so many times...

Anyway, I thought of this quote because I "invented" a new salad last night. It's similar to the Quesadilla Explosion at Chili's. I was home last night not wanting to eat left-over chicken pot pie so I decided to make a quesadilla. I do this sometimes when there's nothing else to eat but I want something besides cereal or cheese & crackers. I looked in the fridge and found some baked chicken my sister had left over from a meal earlier this week. I heated it and cut it up. I put it on a tortilla along with grated cheese (most of it fat free), taco sauce and fresh ripe tomatoes. My best friend from childhood, RandiJo, dropped them off at my house this week. She and I grew a garden together one summer in college so it brought back some memories. Then I had some lettuce left over from my July 4th party so I threw that on there with some low fat Ranch dressing.

Voila! A delicious salad! It was good and somewhat healthy. I'm getting better at this cooking thing. :)

No comments: