Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Cold Day in July



My mom, sister and I had a small garage sale on Saturday. It was unseasonably cool on Saturday in Jonesboro. I wore a sweatshirt until noon. I had been wanting to get rid of some books so I won't have to move them ever again. They're so heavy. An once I've read a book, there's no need to keep it unless it's something I'll look at again. So, now when I buy & read a book I pass it off to someone else that might like it.
We made about $80 total on the sale, which I didn't think was bad considering we didn't put an ad in the paper and didn't really have anything of any value. The most expensive items we had were two chairs -- sold for $10/ea. I came away with $25. Again, not bad considering nothing I had sold for more than $1. Most things were a quarter. The goal was to get rid of some things and hopefully make a little money at the same
time. I don't like messing with getting a receipt at Goodwill. Plus, it was just a good day spent with family outdoors.

Saturday afternoon I helped my new boss prepare food for his 30 year class reunion. Kinda fun actually.







Then I came home and made cookies. Cranberry & Walnut. Made from a chocolate chip recipe of my Aunt Jackie's. Sooo yummy. I made them for my movie guests. I made the chocolate chip recipe on Sunday to take to work. I promised the guys at work I'd make cookies for them when they put my new desk together. More on that soon. A bunch of friends came over that night to watch "Election" and eat watermelon. Good day.








No comments: