Sunday, July 12, 2009

Night in Memphis


Last night I went to Memphis with some of my closest friends: Matt & Amanda Hurdle, Michael & Brittney Johnson, Andy & Lori. We saw Wicked at the Orpheum then went out to the Wolfchase area to eat at The Melting Pot. The show was stupendous, as expected, and dinner was fabulous as well. Oh, I have to tell about our waiter! So, my friend Matt is from a town called Weiner, AR. Yes that's right. That alone is funny. His wife Amanda mentioned something to him about going to Weiner soon or something and the waiter overheard this. One the led to another and our waiter, Zach, admitted to having a tatoo of a hotdog with wings on his torso. This was funny, but I really didn't believe him. I mean, seriously. Then he had a fairly believable story about helping out a tatoo artist buddy right before the guy went into the army. So, he ended with this tatoo. As the night went on, it was a joke, but I still felt like he was putting on to get a good tip. So after he brought the main course, I said, "This is all wonderful, but you know what I'd really like to have right now? A hot dog!" hahahaha So he puts his pitcher of water on the floor and lifted his shirt right there at the table and showed us! Sure enough. There was a hotdog with intricate wings tatooed on his ribs. Ha! Made for an interesting evening.

I put up some pics of the evening.

2 comments:

Mrs. Hughes said...

What fun!! I've not been to a fondue restaurant before, but it's on my list! :)

Autumn said...

Oh, you guys would love it. I was so much fun. And yummy!