Thursday, November 6, 2008

Listening to Christmas Music

It's Thursday, 4:19pm. I'm at work and ready to head home. I've recovered very well from surgery. I can walk very normal now and I wore my Born boots yesterday without much complaint. I've come a loooong way in three weeks.

Barak Obama was elected the 44th President of the United States Tuesday. I didn't vote for him, but I'm OK with this. I voted for John McCain/Sarah Palin. However, overall, I do think it is a major step for the United States to have elected a man of color. While Obama is not an African American like most black people are African American, I still see it as if we've elected a black man. His wife is an African American. His father is Kenyan and his mother is apparently Hawaiian or something. It's interesting to see the media starting to switch gears and find things to attack him. It's not bad yet, but it's coming.

Paul McKinney said something in class last night that was enlightening. He said although we may not have voted for Barak Obama and may wish that he was not in this position, he's still the president (or will be) and we, as Christians, still have a biblical responsibility to pray for him. God is all-powerful. He put Mr. Obama in this place for this time and our faith in God should recognize this. If it doesn't, then we have a small faith and aren't realizing the supremecy of our God. Our God holds this world in His hands.

I am listening to Christmas music today. I'm trying to get into the mood. This is the first Christmas in a looong time that I won't be worrying about finals or projects. This year I can just relax and enjoy the Holidays. I usually don't enjoy the Holidays because I'm the only one of my cousins not married or in a relationship. It's a little depressing... But, I'm trying to have a better attitude.

Tonight is Lori's movie night. She's living in Harrisburg in her dad's workshop that they renovated for her to live in. We're eating at some new Mexican place before the movie. I'm excited.

David Baldacci released a new book in the Camel Club series on Tuesday. I may buy it this weekend. I have a 15% coupon for B&N.

Signing off.

1 comment:

Mattimus! said...

Our sermon Sunday was about that very thing. Read Romans 13.