Monday, October 6, 2008

My first entry

I decided to start an online journal. I haven't written in a journal for probably a year plus. But I do not like hand writing my journal. And thanks to spell check I am now aware that journal-ing is not a word even though people use it all them time.

I am at work. Most of my time spent on the Internet is from 8a-5p. I do not like to be on the computer while I'm at home because I stare at a computer screen a majority of my work days, so when I'm at home I want to do anything but.

Well, I guess I will just write about my life. Today is Wednesday and our final dress rehearsal for Little Women is tonight @ 5:15pm. This is my first time in a serious play and I've really enjoyed it. Most of the cast is in high school and it's great being around kids that age again. I'm rarely around people much younger than myself. They're all great and well behaved and take the play seriously. I graduated with my MBA on Aug 1, 2008 (this year) and I wanted to do something creative to take a break from the boredom of class. I wanted to expand my experiences and meet new people -- which worked because I didn't know anyone in the play. I heard about it through Sam Hiser that I work with. He's the assistant director and has made me feel very welcome at the Foundation of Arts. The play is this weekend at the Forum. There's an ASU home football game on Sat night that I will have to miss. :(

We're performing for a group of students at 9am tomorrow. I don't know if I will come into work after that or not. I haven't decided. I guess it will depend on what I get accomplished today. Thursday night I'm having coffee with Derek Osborn. I met him through my friend Matt Hurdle. They went to high school together in Weiner. hee hee. sorry... I always think it's funny. Anyway, we've been emailing back & forth for a while so it'll be fun to hang out together. I haven't been to The Edge since college. It's a cool place near campus. My friend Lori Block had some art work on display there for a while, but I don't think it's there anymore. I think she moved it to Hastings' cafe. After coffee is Movie Night which is one of my favorite parts of each week. Matt created a Movie Club for friends. We each have a turn and get to bring a movie of our choice that we'd like to share. This week is Hannah's turn so everyone will be at our house. I brought Guess Who's Coming to Dinner when it was my turn. It was a hit.

I'm going to get back to work now. I have several things that need to get finished because starting next Friday I'm going to be off work for 2 weeks. I can barely contain my EXCITEMent!! I'm having surgery on my toe. blah. But, it will be nice to not have to work for 2 weeks.

Signing off

No comments: