Friday, September 23, 2011

Book update

I last posted about the books I was reading over the summer. Today is the first day of Autumn :)
I am still working on The Great Mortality: An Intimate History of the Black Death. It has become my go-to book. I read it before I fall asleep. It's non-fiction, so it's not like there's a story line to keep up with.

I am also working on New York: the Novel by Edward Rutherford. It's just the kind of book I like to read - historical fiction. I've discovered there are two types of books I prefer. Thrillers like Dan Brown, David Baldacci or John Grisham; and historical fiction like anything by Beverly Swerling.


In addition I am listening to the audio book of My Name is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira. It is about about midwife in Albany during the Civil War. I checked this book out from the library a few weeks ago and didn't finish it, so I got the audio book yesterday. I don't know why, but I've always had an interest in ancient midwifery. I like to read about medical practices before modern medicine. Kinda gory.


No comments: