Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reading

I've been in summer reading mode lately and finished two books over the 4th.
One was The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier. I started it on audiobook and got to the second to last disc when it messed up. So, I got the book from the library and finished it. It was good, but best in audio form because there were lots of french words that I cannot pronounce.

The other was, not surprising, a David Baldacci thriller. He's one of my favorite authors. Hell's Corner. I had been working on this one for a while so I was very glad to finish. It was good too. Fifth in the Camel Club series.


I "read" another of Baldacci's books via audiobook. I've found these to be a great way to keep my sanity on my drive from Jonesboro to St Louis. Makes the time go much faster. This one was titled First Family, but was not part of the Camel Club series.
I've also done a little non-fiction reading. The Great Mortality is about the Black Death, the plague that wiped out 1/3 of the population of Europe in the 1300's. I haven't finished it yet. Who knows if I ever will.
And last night I picked up a few things at the library including The Making of a Royal Romance. Obviously about Will & Kate.


If it's just a collection of everything I heard on the news leading up to April 29, I'll take it out and pop in the other: Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff.





1 comment:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your reviews are really appreciated. This is my first visit to your blog but I'll be back. You've created a great spot for your readers tovisit and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary