Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm currently reading "An Irish Country Doctor". It seems to be set in the 1970's. A story of a fresh-out-of-med-school young man that finds himself in need of employment and ends up paired with a cantankerous country doctor in rural Ireland.

I picked it up at the recommendation of the B&N store manager. I figured she knew her stuff. Also, I like to read fiction mixed with a little medicine. All the gory situations in medicine make me cringe, but it can be educational. After all, I worked in healthcare for three years and was clueless about the field most of the time. My default was just smile and nod... I hadn't a clue. The jargon, the matter-of-fact way doctors discussed patients.

Books like this tell and story and make it real. I'm enjoying it so far and there's also a love interest!

1 comment:

Mandy-Jo said...

Autumn - and did you know that Michael Buble's grandparents are Croatian! A little known fact. Azure Croatia.